Be a part of the future of work for everyone!
TUW provides an interactive and engaging platform to connect skilled freelance creatives with businesses and individuals looking to delocalize their content needs. We are an online marketplace and service collaboration platform for those looking to work with creatives and we kick SaaS! Meaning we know what our industry needs and we are providing the tools to achieve their goals and a whole lot more. We have a sensational community of creatives and a passionate, driven, and ever growing customer base.
Behind the scenes at The Urban Writers, we have dedicated ourselves to establishing the ultimate online workspace culture. We work remotely and if you are in the neighborhood, we welcome you to come work from our beautiful Oakville office. We're committed to mutual growth because we believe everyone has a role to play, no matter how big or small. Every individual who enters our community is a vital player in the continued growth and success of our company.
The Urban Writers is looking for a person to join the Software Engineering Team as our UI/UX Designer. We are seeking an individual who has past success in SaaS and is eager to challenge themselves and work with our team to create our new beautiful, interactive, and intuitive environment. You are a self-motivated taskmaster and a demonstrated team-player with a sense of humor.
To learn more about our company please visit www.theurbanwriters.com
How you'll help build the future
- Assess user requirements in collaboration with TUW’s SMEs
- Work closely with CEO and other developers to transform idea into reality
- Drive innovative solution development
- Create mock-ups for stakeholders
- Create beautiful interfaces that are easy to navigate
- Testing usability
- Identify and troubleshoot any UX problems
- Working closely with the development team optimize our SaaS application for market
- Find and create visual and interactive design opportunities that will blow our competitors out of the water
What you bring to the role:
- You are big on communication, collaboration and building relationships
- You are creative in your approach to your work and always on the lookout for best practices - status quo is boring to you
- Excitement about transforming our platform into a ‘can’t live without it’ user experience for our customers and all users
- Innovative mindset
- Agile work practices
- Education in computer science, information sciences, human/computer interface design, graphic design
- Creativity and passion for delivering excellence
- 3 years' experience as UI/UX Designer
- Strong working knowledge of Figma, Zeplin, Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC, Adobe XD, Flinto, or other visual design and wireframing tools.
- Experience with web & mobile applications
- collaborative and excellent communication skills and ability to work exclusively in an online office environment
- An appreciation for GIFs
Why you'll want to work with us:
- Remote with option for hybrid work environment and flexible schedules
- Happy Birthday Policy (you get your birthday off)
- Future option for 4-day work week schedule
- Calm App - free to employees (www.calm.com)
- Paid vacation days, sick and wellness days
- Opportunity for advancement - we support your growth!
- Education reimbursement and internal training opportunities
- Beautiful office location, snacks, games room! Free parking
- Dental and Extended Health Benefits (Canada)
- We treat everyone with dignity and respect