Be a part of the future of work for everyone!
TUW provides an interactive and engaging platform to connect skilled freelance creatives with businesses and individuals looking to delocalize their content needs. We are an online marketplace and service collaboration platform for those looking to work with creatives and we kick SaaS! Meaning we know what our industry needs and we are providing the tools to achieve their goals and a whole lot more. We have a sensational community of creatives and a passionate, driven, and ever growing customer base.
Behind the scenes at The Urban Writers, we have dedicated ourselves to establishing the ultimate online workspace culture. We work remotely and if you are in the neighbourhood, we welcome you to come work from our beautiful Oakville office. We're committed to mutual growth because we believe everyone has a role to play, no matter how big or small. Every individual who enters our community is a vital player in the continued growth and success of our company.
You will be responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products. You are a self-motivated taskmaster and a demonstrated team-player with a sense of humour. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
To learn more about our company please visit www.theurbanwriters.com
How you'll help build the future
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- ensure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
What you bring to the role:
- You are big on communication, collaboration and building relationships
- You are creative and always on the lookout for best practices - status quo is boring to you
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with Software Architecture
- Experience designing and building software from the ground up
- Experience working on SaaS platforms
- Education Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience with React
- Experience working with Python, AWS, iOS/Android/Flutter
- Experience with Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- Experience with AI and Machine Learning
- An appreciation for GIFs
Why you'll want to work with us:
- Remote with option for hybrid work environment and flexible schedules
- Happy Birthday Policy (you get your birthday off)
- Future option for 4-day work week schedule
- Calm App - free to employees (www.calm.com)
- Paid vacation days, sick and wellness days
- Opportunity for advancement - we support your growth!
- Education reimbursement and internal training opportunities
- Beautiful office location, snacks, games room! Free parking
- Dental and Extended Health Benefits (Canada)
- We treat everyone with dignity and respect