QA Tester - Test Engineer
Be a part of the future of work for everyone!
TUW provides an interactive and engaging platform to connect skilled freelance creatives with businesses and individuals looking to delocalize their content needs. We are an online marketplace and service collaboration platform for those looking to work with creatives and we kick SaaS! Meaning we know what our industry needs and we are providing the tools to achieve their goals and a whole lot more. We have a sensational community of creatives and a passionate, driven, and ever growing customer base.
Behind the scenes at The Urban Writers, we have dedicated ourselves to establishing the ultimate online workspace culture. We work remotely and if you are in the neighbourhood, we welcome you to come work from our beautiful Oakville office. We're committed to mutual growth because we believe everyone has a role to play, no matter how big or small. Every individual who enters our community is a vital player in the continued growth and success of our company.
In this role you will help design tests, automated and manual, to evaluate our team's code to ensure the reliability of our Platform for our end users.
To learn more about our company please visit www.theurbanwriters.com
Why you'll want to work with us:
- Fully remote with option for hybrid work environment and flexible schedules
- Happy Birthday Policy (you get your birthday off)
- 4-day work week option
- Calm App provided free to employees
- Paid vacation days, sick and wellness days
- Opportunity for advancement - we support your growth!
- Education reimbursement and internal training opportunities
- Beautiful office location, snacks and games room! Free parking
- Dental and Extended Health Benefits (Canada)
- We treat everyone with dignity and respect
How you'll help build the future
In this role you will:
- Create and manage tests for new and existing features
- Debug code and report errors and failures
- Work collaboratively with the Software Engineering Team to correct errors
- Participate in testing for product releases
- Requirements gathering
What you bring to the role:
- 2+ years of experience as a QA Tester or in a related field
- Education in Computer Science
- Knowledge of various programming languages (Java,, C++, SQL, Objective C and/or Swift))
- Experience using web based and mobile testing frameworks
- Familiarity with using project tracking software (ASANA, etc.)
- Experience using version control systems (ex: Git or Mercurial) would be considered an asset
- ISTQB- Foundation Level would also be considered an asset
- Understanding of User Experience
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Determination, a sense of humor
- Critical thinking skills