Here at The Urban Writers, we have dedicated ourselves to establishing the ultimate online workspace culture. We're committed to mutual growth because we believe everyone has a role to play, no matter how big or small. Every individual who enters our community is a vital piece to the continued growth of our company.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organization with a fantastic culture. We offer benefits and a hybrid work environment out of our office in Oakville, ON. The Urban Writers is looking for a person to join our agile development team as a senior member.
We are an online marketplace for those looking to work with creatives and we kick SaaS! Meaning we know what our industry needs and we are giving them the tools to achieve their goals and a whole lot more. We have a solid community of creatives and a passionate, engaged and ever growing customer base.
You will be responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
To learn more about our company please visit www.theurbanwriters.com
- Working closely with senior stakeholders to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team
- Planning and documenting technical specifications for features or system design
- Designing, building and configuring applications to meet business process and application requirements
- Directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications
- Writing testable, scalable and efficient code and leading code reviews
- Mentoring junior team members and ensuring they adhere to determined software quality standards
- Be open and available to team for support when it's required
- Be open and available to respond to and manage critical and urgent issues that may arise
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with Software Architecture
- Experience designing and building software from the ground up
- Experience working on SaaS platforms
- Proven success as a technical leader
- Great communication skills
- Ability to mentor and coach
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails and/or Python, AWS, iOS/Android/Flutter, React
- Experience with AI and Machine Learning