Be a part of the future of work for everyone!
The Urban Writers is an equal opportunity employer.
TUW provides an interactive and engaging platform to connect skilled freelance creatives with businesses and individuals looking to delocalize their content needs. We are an online marketplace and service collaboration platform for those looking to work with creatives and we kick SaaS! Meaning we know what our industry needs and we are providing the tools to achieve their goals and a whole lot more. We have a sensational community of creatives and a passionate, driven, and ever growing customer base.
Behind the scenes at The Urban Writers, we have dedicated ourselves to establishing the ultimate hybrid workspace culture. We work online, and for local employees, we welcome you to our beautiful Oakville office on the days that suit you best each week.
We are looking for a sharp, organized, and energetic Software Engineering Lead with experience working in SaaS to join our fast-paced environment.
You’ll be required to develop and manage product strategies and project plans, while working collaboratively with the great people in our Software Engineering Department. You will align your efforts, strategies and projects toward Dibbly’s goals and mission.
To learn more about our company please visit www.theurbanwriters.com
- Liaise with Executive Team to understand and advocate for our customers and Urbanites
- Define Dibbly’s vision, product roadmap, and product strategy
- Improve the company’s products through industry analysis and research
- Develop user stories and create procedures to communicate related technical and user requirements to the development team
- Prioritize product development in line with company objectives
- Track and report on progress, KPIs and budget
- Work collaboratively and support the development team
- Using Agile Project Management practices, take full responsibility for project planning and implementation, tracking, following up and keeping stakeholders informed and up to date on overall status
- Coordinate product releases with marketing, sales, and engineering teams
- Track and report on R&D specific activities within the department
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and experience in software development. You should have excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills and be able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Software development processes and methodologies
- 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- AI knowledge and understanding, experience with AI projects
- Software Development and Computer Science background
If you have the requisite technical and project management skills and are excited by the prospect of working with our team, we want to hear from you.